Shadows and Illuminations: Multi-Touch Film Guide
An interactive multi-touch ebook with the full film, soundtrack, quizzes, photos, video clips, and presentations
The Shadows & Illuminations: Multi-Touch Guide Book provides students and educators with an innovative and updated way to explore key topics in psychological anthropology through the story of Kereta, a Balinese man who believes he lives in two worlds, the everyday world and the world of the spirits. His case raises fascinating questions about culture, personal experience, mental illness, and trauma.
Ideal for use in college-level survey and upper-division anthropology courses, the book offers:
- Full-length ethnographic film about Kereta
- Over one hundred photographs
- Video extras
- Biographical and cultural information
- Theoretical investigations in psychological anthropology
- Review quizzes
- Essay prompts and group discussion questions
- Complete original soundtrack
- Behind the scenes glimpses into fieldwork & filmmaking
Ideal for use in college-level survey and upper-division anthropology courses, an immersive and beautiful design takes sociocultural and psychological anthropology content into the new millennium.